+ After each trip be sure to clean out your pack thoroughly.
+ Use mild soap, warm water and a soft brush to clean zippers often to prevent them from failing.
+ If your pack is wet, hang it to dry.
+ Loosen all the straps.
+ Wash your pack if dirt, sweat, salt and stains have worked their way into fabrics, webbing or mesh.
(Do not immerse travel packs with our High Road™ Wheeled Chassis.)
Washing your Pack
1. If your pack has a removable harness and hipbelt remove them from the pack body.
2. Brush out and remove gear, food, dirt or spilled items.
3. Don’t wash in washing machine. Clean your pack and components in a bathtub or large sink using a mild soapand warm water.
4. Agitate the pack gently and scrub inside and out all compartment and pockets with a soft brush.
5. Brush clean all zippers and flush clean the buckles.
6. Drain the soapy and dirty water from the bathtub or sink and refill with cool clean water. Rinse the pack thoroughly.
7. Hang dry outdoors or in a well-ventilated area out of direct sunlight.
Reservoir Standard Maintenance
+ Rinsing it out after each use should keep your reservoir fresh, especially when using sugary drink mixes.
+ Periodically use Hydraulics™ Cleaning Tablets to clean your reservoir.
+ Using Iodine or other purifying tablets are ok to use but may stain the reservoir over time.
+ Freezing your reservoir is ok but be aware of water expanding when freezing so don’t overfill.
+ DO NOT pour boiling hot liquid into the reservoir; it will void your warranty.
1. Fill reservoir with warm water, do not use boiling water.
2. Add one cleaning tablet to reservoir.
3. Let dissolve for 5 minutes with the reservoir laying on its back.
4. Shake the reservoir for 30 seconds to mix and spread the solution.
5. Pinch the bite valve and squeeze the reservoir to remove air and fill the reservoir hose and bite valve with solution.
6. Let reservoir sit for 15 minutes and then pour out solution.
7. Rinse reservoir and tube with clean water.
8. Follow directions for Cleaning Your Reservoir below for a deeper clean after these steps.
Cleaning your Reservoir
1. Rinse out the reservoir and fill with warm water and a mild detergent, do not use Bleach or boiling water.
2. Use the large brush from our Hydraulics™ Reservoir Cleaning Kit to scrub the interior of the reservoir.
3. Remove the hose from the reservoir and the bite valve from the hose and use the small brush from our Hydraulics™ Reservoir Cleaning Kit to scrub the interior of the hose.
4. Remove the silicone bite valve cover and clean it and the bite valve with warm soapy water.
5. Let the hose and bite valve dry in a well-ventilated area.
6. Insert the drying rack from the Hydraulics™ Reservoir Cleaning Kit through the cap and into the reservoir to hang and let dry and in well-ventilated area.