Specialized Women’s 2017 Ariel Disc
Safety and control—two things that can be top-of-mind when heading out to get your heart rate up. The Ariel Disc takes care of safety with powerful disc brakes, while control is provided through a women’s-specific geometry and a custom suspension fork that’ll have you tackling workouts on paved or dirt surfaces with equal confidence. Not stopping there, we also included light and tough A1 SL Premium Aluminum frame tubing, workhorse components that are sized and designed specifically for women, and a wide range of gears that’ll take the sting out of steep trails. It’s everything you need to take your fitness wherever your heart decides, whether it’s the road or the dirt around your house.
Designed for women who want to mix adventure with fitness, the hard-working, sturdy A1 SL Premium Aluminum frame features our Women’s Fitness Geometry—meaning that you’ll go faster with maximum efficiency, only without the discomfort of an aggressive ride position. The more comfortable you are, the longer you’ll ride.
Enjoy greater control over varying terrain with a custom, easy-adjust, Multi-Circuit Damping fork with 60mm of travel that’s tuned for the trail.
Braking duties are handled by Tektro Flow Set Control hydraulic disc brakes to ensure effective, consistent, and reliable power through any kind of terrain or condition.
- FRAME: Specialized A1 SL Premium Aluminum, Fitness Geometry, fully-manipulated butted tubing, internal cable routing, flat mount disc, rack & Plug + Play mounts
- FRONT HUB: Specialized disc, double-sealed, loose ball bearings, 9mm QR
- REAR HUB: Specialized disc, loose ball bearings, for Shimano 8-/9-speed cassettes, 9mm QR
- SPOKES: Stainless, 14g
- RIMS: 700c disc, 6061 aluminum double-wall
- FRONT TIRE: Trigger Sport Reflect, 700x38mm, 60TPI, wire bead
- REAR TIRE: Trigger Sport Reflect, 700x38mm, 60TPI, wire bead
- CRANKSET: Stout, forged alloy
- CHAINRINGS: 48/38/28T w/chainguard
- BOTTOM BRACKET: BSA, square taper, cartridge bearings
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano Altus, 8-speed
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano Tourney, top swing, for 7-/8-speed 31.8mm clamp
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Altus, 8-speed
- CASSETTE: Sunrise, 8-speed, 11-34t
- CHAIN: KMC X8, 8-speed w/reusable MissingLink
- FRONT BRAKE: Tektro Flow Set Control, hydraulic disc, metal pads, post mount, 160mm rotor
- REAR BRAKE: Tektro Flow Set Control, hydraulic disc, metal pads, post mount, 160mm rotor
- HANDLEBARS: Specialized, double-butted alloy, 9-degree backsweep, 31.8mm
- GRIPS: Body Geometry Flow Set Control Grips, lock-on
- STEM: 3D forged aluminum, 7-degree rise, 31.8mm clamp
- SADDLE: Aldia Sport, steel rails, 155mm
- PEDALS: Specialized Fitness platform