Purchasing a bike is an investment and regular maintenance is a necessity to keep it in great shape for years of trouble-free riding. For most though it’s difficult to tell what your bike needs and when it needs it. This is why you should stop in to chat with one of our mechanics. They will be able to advise you on what your ride needs in order to get it up to speed.
Overlander Sports’ bike mechanic has completed the Certified Bike Mechanic Diploma Program at the United Bicycle Institute, as well as the Certificate Program of Professional Repair and Shop Operation.
- Please call ahead of time for appointment availability as space is limited.
- Walk-ins are accepted for tube & chain replacement.
- Minimum service charge is $10
- Before bringing your bike in for an appointment please ensure that it has been cleaned and that there is no mud or debris in your tires.
- Prices of parts are not included in bike repairs.
Basic Tune-up $60
- Recommended for cyclists before every riding season.
- Includes front & rear derailer adjustments, front & rear brake adjustments, torque all nuts and bolts to manufacturer’s specifications, fill tires, headset adjustments, clean & lubricate chain.
Full Tune-up $120
- Recommended for cyclists who have had no service with constant riding.
- Includes front & rear derailer adjustments, front & rear brake adjustments, torque all nuts and bolts to manufacturer’s specifications, fill tires, clean & lubricate chain, front & rear hub adjustments, front & rear wheel lateral trueing, bottom-bracket adjustments, & headset adjustments.
Overhaul Tune-up $175
- Recommended for bikes found at the bottom of Frame Lake.
- Includes front & rear derailer adjustments, front & rear brake adjustments, torque all nuts and bolts to manufacturer’s specifications, fill tires, clean & lubricate chain, front & rear wheel lateral trueing, front & rear hub overhauls (new grease, new ball-bearings, and adjustments), bottom bracket overhauls on adjustable bottom-brackets, headset overhauls.
Torque Specification check & tire inflation $25
- Recommended for bikes purchased elsewhere or bikes that have recently been reassembled.
- Includes torqueing of all bolts & ensuring tires are properly inflated.
Bike Assembly or Disassembly in box $65
- Recommended for people who have recently moved or are moving and need their bike reassembled or disassembled and packaged.
- All new bikes purchased from Overlander Sports include free assembly.
- Assembly includes building bike & basic tune-up.
- Disassembly includes taking bike apart and boxing so that it is ready to be shipped.
Tire inflation FREE
Labour Price List
|Standard Labour||Minimum Service charge $10|
|Assemble from box||$65|
|Assemble “custom build”||$120|
|Box for shipping||$65|
|Small bolt-on accessory installation||$10|
|Computer with or without cadence||$25|
|Rack||Starting at $20|
|Fenders||Starting at $20 each|
|Brake adjustments||Starting at $15|
|Rim brake installation||$25|
|Brake cable/housing installation||$20/brake|
|Brake pad installation||$10/brake|
|Brake lever installation (Mountain bike)||$30|
|Brake lever installation (Road bike)||$45|
|Brake rotor installation||$20|
|Hydraulic/mechanical disc brake installation||$35|
|Hydraulic brake bleed||$35|
|Deraillers & Shifters|
|Derailler adjust||Starting at $20 per unit|
|Derailler installation (include adjustment)||$30|
|Cable and/or housing installation||$20/derailer or brake|
|Shifter installation (mountain bike)||$30|
|Shifter installation (road bike)||$45|
|Bottom bracket adjustment||$20|
|Bottom bracket installation||$30|
|Bottom bracket overhaul||$30|
|Cassette/free wheel installation||$15|
|Chain tensioner installation||$20|
|Chain ring installation||$35|
|Crank set installation||$35|
|Single speed conversion||$50|
|Pedal re-threading (does not include part cost)||$25 per crank arm|
|Fork & Suspension|
|Crown race installation (off bike)||$15|
|Star nut installation (off bike)||$10|
|Steer tube cut (off bike)||$15|
|Rear shock installation||$25|
|Fork Overhaul/rebuild||Prices available upon request|
|Handlebar, Headset & Stem|
|Handlebar installation (mountain bike)||$20|
|Handlebar installation (road bike)||$50|
|Handlebar tape (does not include cost of tape)||$25|
|Mountain bike & BMX grips||$10|
|Front/rear hub adjustment||$15|
|Front or rear hub overhaul||$40|
|Free hub body installation||$40|
|Tires, Tubes & Wheels|
|Rear wheel installation including tire, tube & cassette||$30|
|Front wheel installation||$20|
|Wheel trueing||Starting at $25|
|Spoke replacement, rear wheel (includes trueing)||Starting at $35|
|Spoke replacement, front wheel (includes trueing)||Starting at $30|
|Custom wheel build||$100 per wheel|